Monday, September 8, 2014

Stampin' Up! Perfect Peacock for ColourQ challenge

The colors in this weeks ColourQ challenge have knocked my socks off!  Soooo pretty and perfect for the Perfect Peacock stamp. 
The challenge can be found HERE
                                

            

The peacock image was stamped on Shimmery White CS with Basic Black craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  In the larger areas I water colored by first laying water within each embossed section separately and then picking up a bit of ink on a brush and touching it to the water. The pooled water dispersed the ink through the wetted section.  The very small and thin areas in the feathers were water colored without pooling the water first.  The Lucky Limeade ink gave me a nice range of color and I was able to have some areas look yellow and some very intense green by controlling how much water is added to the reinker. 

I should mention, I did not cut out this image and the mat with
scissors!  I used my Brother ScanNCut electronic cutter. I did the same with the sentiment. It took a little bit of fiddling to make it work but now that I've done it it takes no time at all to cut out multiple peacocks and mats! 

STAMPS: Perfect Peacock, Lacy & Lovely
PAPER: Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White and Shimmery White
INK: Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade, Strawberry Slush, Basic Black craft ink
OTHER: Clear EP, Fancy Fan EF, Finishing Touches Edgelits, ¼" Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. How great that your machine can cut the peacock - saves all that fussy cutting! Beautifully coloured and the black mat behind the peacock really makes it pop against the embossed card stock! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete