Thursday, September 25, 2014

Are you ready for some football?

Me, not so much!  The week long football barrage on television is maddening!  At one time I enjoyed watching pro football, right around the time I met my husband.  I'm sure he thinks a gave him the ol' bait and switch....I really got into the football fervor and then one day it just turned off!  There was too much to keep track of, who got traded, who the new kids are, who went to jail.....sigh.  The final straw was when Art Modell took my beloved Browns to Baltimore...November 6, 1995, all for a $200,000 stadium.  Expensive stadiums! ....that's another whole tirade.

But this is a blog about stamping, not sports and spending tons of money.  I'm actually saving our family loads of mullah by making my own cards!  This card was fun and easy and about the only thing I like about football.

So let's get to the card.  This one is for Retro Sketches challenge found HERE.  The sketch made me think of football right away. Go figure.  







STAMPS: None!  (I told you football was messed up)
INK: None!  (Another reason why I don't like football)
PAPER: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Tango Tangerine (football doesn't have cool names like that), Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, non-SU paper (I think even Stampin' Up! Doesn't like football.)
OTHER: 1/8" white ribbon, 1/16" circle hole punch, Arrows EF, e-cutter (at least football has e-cutters!) Cutting file is from Birdscards.com

1 comment:

  1. What a cool masculine card! Great interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete