Saturday, September 6, 2014

Stampin' Up! Bootiful Occasions-Texas Style

Finally!  A card submission on time!  This time at Mojo Monday #361 found HERE.









I LOVE this card!  It was fun to create and it's fun to look at and I'm sure going to enjoy giving it to a birthday cowboy!  (Hmm, I should create a cowgirl card too.)  

Now, I'm not truly a Texan.  We lived here, in the DFW area, over a decade ago for a few years, then went to Florida ,then to Illinois before being moved back to Texas a year ago.  I wasn't overly thrilled to leave our friends in Geneva, IL (insert sob here) but it hasn't taken long to appreciate the mild winters, abundant sunshine, and polite, friendly people. 

One thing that has always struck me while living here is the Texas pride!  Texans LOVE Texas!  I think that is fantastic,  We didn't have that in Illinois..or Ohio, where I grew up.  Oh, sure "Ohio is the Heart of It All" and there are those Ohio State Buckeye fans but we didn't go around saying, "Don't mess with Ohio!"  And I've never seen one bumper sticker that said, Thank God I'm From Illinois!  Last summer, when we found out we were being transferred back to Texas, my son and daughter were obviously upset.  My son was 12 and my daughter was 9 and we had lived in Geneva for 5 1/2 years....they had grown roots!  Since my son was actually born in Texas and lived the first 2 years of his life here I told him,  "You are moving back to the Motherland!"  He didn't see the humor. 

So here I am, on another sun-filled day, stamping a card that would have had no meaning or purpose in Illinois. Even though I will never wear cowboy boots, say "y'all" or enjoy country music, I am enjoying living among it all. Well...... not really enjoying the country music.  


STAMPS: Bootiful Occasions, Blue Ribbon
PAPER: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze*, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla
INK: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
OTHER: Natural Trim ribbon (retired), Baked Brown Sugar thick bakers twine, ⅛" mini brads, 1⅜" circle punch, denim and sewing machine

* the Cajun Craze panel was made using a Faux Suede technique.  I spritzed the 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" cardstock with alcohol, water works too but takes longer to dry. When the CS is moistened wad the whole piece up into a ball, straighten it out and wad it up again a few times.  Gently separate the layers of CS trying to keep one whole piece intact. I did this while the cardstock was still somewhat damp and soft. This was difficult to do with such a large piece, I was not able to get two complete layers.  To complete this panel I sponged the rough side of the cardstock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment