Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Red, White and Blue

Here is my submission for the Pals Paper Arts challenge blog found HERE.  I turned the sketch on its side and it made me think of the U.S. flag. I immediately decided to make the flag stripes out of the Hardwood stamp or the Chevron stamp. After stamping the Hardwood  I felt like it needed to be "grunged" up which led to more and more grunge-ing!  I kept the Chevron stripes flag clean and simple and ended up with two different looks.  I'm not sure which I like more, what do you think?




STAMPS: Hardwood, Chevron background, Dot, Dot, Dot (retired), misc celebrate stamp
INK: Real Red, Pacific Point, Soft Suede, Whisper White
PAPER: Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper, 
OTHER:  Arrows EF, square Lattice EF, 1 3/4" circle punch, star punches, linen thread, silver bakers twine (the silver filament only), Bitty Banners Framelits


2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Lisa! I'm partial to the top card, just because I love the Hardwood stamp so much and all the sponging makes it look so rustic! But your bottom card is fantastic too! Both are wonderful cards!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patriotic cards!! Great job!!! Thank you for playing with us at the Pals Paper Arts!!

    ReplyDelete