Friday, April 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Water Lilly

This card was created for the sketch challenge at The Paper Players found HERE. I have finally inked up a Hero Arts stamp set I got several months ago and I tried out a new technique.  These stamps are multi layering stamps but I only used two layers of stamps.  I stamped with two light pink colors and used those colors to get a sense of the outline and shading of the water lilly.  Then I colored in the flower with color pencils.....time consuming but fun! The Lilly pads were just stamped and the water streaks were created swiping my ink pad using a direct to paper technique. 







STAMPS: Hero Arts Color Layering Water Lillies, SU Big on Birthdays, SU Bring on the Cake
PAPER: SU Lucky Limeade, SU Rose Red, SU Whisper White
INK: Stampin' Up- Rose Red, Hero Arts- Soft Pink and Bubble Gum, Altenew- Bamboo, Parrot and Olive, Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Tumbled Glass and Cracked Pistachio
OTHER: SU Layering Squares Framelits, Lawn Fawn Sentiment Banner



1 comment:

  1. Lisa your painstaking colouring was so worth it, your framed waterlily is so pretty and the background you created for the central panel is just perfect. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete