Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Inkspired Halloween Box

While purusing some of my favorite stamping blogs in search of inspiration I came upon a "new to me" challenge blog called Inkspiration.  The current challenge sketch was just screaming at me to use the Spider Web Doilies!  Then I stopped myself thinking, "Do I really want to make another Halloween card that won't even fit in my box of unused Halloween cards?"   I then realized I don't have to make it a card but instead make it into a box and fill it with Halloween candy.  I also had the brilliant idea of giving that box of Halloween candy to my teenage son who is getting too old to be seen trick-or-treating but not too old to still want free candy.  Combine all of that thinking with the fact that I am stuck here at home while the long-awaited carpeting is being installed on our stairs and I have nothing else I could be doing so I may as well do some stamping! And we'll, here it is....

The challenge can be found HERE.








STAMPS: Among the Branches, a past Paper Pumpkin bat stamp
INK: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Real Red
PAPER: Basic Gray textured CS, Whisper White
OTHER: Spider Web Doilies, 2" Circle Punch, White Bakers Twine, Crystal Effects, Gift Bag Punch Board

The "blood" splatters were made by mixing Crystal Effects with a couple drops of Real Red reinker. I mixed it and applied it with a toothpick.  




1 comment:

  1. A very good idea! Love your Halloween treat-box and hope your son will appreciate not only the candy. ;-) Thanks for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

    ReplyDelete