Friday, September 8, 2017

Tie Dye Blast From The Past

Here is a card for a fun challenge at SUO Challenges which can be found HERE.  The theme is Blast from the Past and that makes me think of tie dye....although tie dye seems to be past, present and future! 
 I used a coffee filter, twisted it and rubber banded it just like you would a t-shirt.  There are many instructions on the web but HERE is one example.  I then used an Aquapainter with three colors of reinkers, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo.  I saturated the coffee filter with the ink in three sections making sure the section overlap to create the secondary colors. I showed this to my 13 year old daughter this week and it looks like we will be buying some dies and a t-shirt this weekend:-)







STAMPS: Custom Tee, Big on Birthday, Crazy About You
INK: Basic Black, Versamark, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
PAPER: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, white coffee filter
OTHER: T-Shirt Builder Framelits, Happy Birthday Thinlit, White EP, Metallic Enamel Shapes

I made a few more, less fussy, tie dye backgrounds to offer at my class this weekend.





4 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the tie-dye background as well as the use of the retired T-shirt set and dies! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa baby!!! Blinding awesomeness!!!!!! THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG IN THE SUO CHALLENGE THIS WEEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic - I love the vibrant colours and awesome finish of your cards!! They are perfect for our Blast from the Past! We're glad you joined the fun at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so colorful and fun! You really rocked the tie dye! Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete